Tuesday 18 December 2012

Bewitching the Werewolf by Caroline Hanson

Book blurb: When witch for hire, Megan Stephens, is assigned to help the local werewolf pack leader find a mate, she thinks the job will be easy. Get in, get it up and get gone. But when she meets Zack Connor, she realizes her future might have a lot more dog jokes in it than she ever imagined.

I had a really happy moment this week when I realised that my phone could get the Kindle App on it, so this is one of the first books I downloaded. It was free so I thought I might as well give it a try.

This is a short story and I really enjoyed it. It was sexy and funny, and it was written well enough to draw me in. Obviously it isn't a book with a great deal of substance to it, but for a short supernatural/paranormal romance I thought it was really good. She seems like a promising new author to add to the genre.

The story also comes with the first few chapters of her (low-price) book: Love is Darkness. A clever move, I have to admit, as I now really want to know how that story ends too!

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Most points lost because it could have been longer so that the events didn't feel quite so rushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)