Friday 10 April 2015

William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return by Ian Doescher

Hardcover, 176 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Quirk Books

"Prithee, attend the tale so far: Han Solo entombed in carbonite, the princess taken captive, the Rebel Alliance besieged, and Jabba the Hutt engorged. Alack! Now Luke Skywalker and his Rebel band must seek fresh allies in their quest to thwart the construction of a new Imperial Death Star. But whom can they trust to fight by their side in the great battle to come? Cry "Ewok" and let slip the dogs of war!

Frozen heroes! Furry creatures! Family secrets revealed! And a lightsaber duel to decide the date of the Empire. In troth, William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return has it all!"

This was a great final installment in the trilogy of the original Star Wars films as Shakespearean plays! This kept all the drama and excitement of the films. I also found that in some ways I noticed far more by reading Ian Doescher's plays than I did when watching the films, picking up more of the smaller plot points. The soliloquys of the main characters were thought provoking, inventive and quite revealing.

I also enjoyed finding out more about the Ewoks - who doesn't love those little furry teddy bears? ;)

A final 10 out of 10 from me.

I also found out just now that Ian Doescher has published William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace which I will definitely be purchasing, so look out for another review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)